Chroma 62000D programmable bidirectional DC power supply series has power source and load characteristics, is two quadrant operated, allows feedback of the power from the DUT, and is used for testing renewable energy power systems, including PV/storage hybrid inverters, power conversion system (PCS) on charging/discharging and as a battery simulator. 62000D also fits power components used in electric vehicles, such as bidirectional on-board charger (BOBC), bidirectional DC convertor, and DC-AC motor driver, so replacing power conversion simulation tests of batteries in both directions.
For a traditional DC power supply to perform a motor driver test, it needs an additional protection diode and resistance to process the reverse current. One single 62000D bidirectional DC power supply device can offer both DC power supply output and regenerative DC load, so it not only performs motor driver testing, while saving space and being easy to configure, but also saves energy by efficiently backfeeding to the grid. At the same time, to increase the cross-quadrant transient response, the 62000D high speed transient response time is less than 1.5ms (-90% to +90%).
62000D bidirectional DC power supply series contains 8 different models with industryleading power density at 18kW in a 3U rack. One single device has an output power rating of 6kW to 18kW, output current rating up to ±540A, and voltage rating up to 1800V. The master/slave control easily shares current with ten 62000D devices and reaches 180kW for high power use.
62000D series is equipped with 100 programmable settings; the user can program their output waves through List Mode. The high response slope control fulfills many testing needs, including the LV123 and LV148 standards on new energy vehicle components. When combined with the Chroma Softpanel, the user can even conduct the tests with one click.
62000D series can easily be used in any region, with a wide input range of 200-480 Vac and an active PFC low-current harmonic feed to grid, which can save power consumption, power system configuration, and ambient temperature changes under high-power testing. The user can choose various control methods and use them through digital USB, LAN (LXI), CAN, and GPIB as well as analog APG interfaces. When input is at low voltage 200Vac-340Vac, output power rate derates to 67%; when input at high voltage 341Vac-480Vac, output power is a full 100%.
Chroma models in this series include:
Power Rating 6kW
Power Rating 12kW
Power Rating 18kW
• Voltage rating : 0~100V/600V/1200V/1800V
• Current rating : 0~540A
• Power rating : 6kW/12kW/18kW
• Two quadrant operation for power supply and load Two-in-one bidirectional DC power supply
• High power density: 18KW in 3U
• Easy master/slave parallel & series operation up to 180kW
• Wide range of voltage & current combinations in constant power
• Auto sequencing programming
• Voltage & current slew rate control
• High speed transient response
• Low output noise and ripple
• CV/CC priority modes
• Intuitive and user-friendly touch control screen
• Standard USB/LAN/LXI/APG interfaces, optional CAN/GPIB interfaces
• 3 Phase 4 wire universal AC power: 200~480Vac
• Charge/discharge testing and life cycle testing, including BOBC, DC-DC conversion, and PCS
• Motor driver testing
• Pre-compliant with LV123 and LV148 standards on electrical car components testing
• Used as battery simulation source for microgrid applications
View full specifications on the series by reading the datasheet here.
Do you have questions on which model is the right for your project? We are here to help.
Call or email us and we will help guide you to the right equipment for your job.